Monday, June 06, 2005

South of the Border

I awoke Sunday with excitement and the thought I was going to the Supermall in Tulalip, WA. Funny that all weekend, until this afternoon I thought I was at the Supermall which in fact I wasn't, we were at the Marysville/Tulalip Prime Outlets mall. Don't ask. The Supermall is in Auburn, WA. and it is with happiness that Ashley and I will be in Seattle in July, we will sure be in our glory. The following record of events are still the same with the exception that I wasn't where I thought I was. Read On.

I didn't know what to expect when I arrived and was surprised to discover it was a lot like the outdoor malls I have been to in phoenix and Palm Springs less the palm trees. My journey was fueled by the need to go to the Banana Republic Outlet store; I am on a quest to get some tailored bermuda shorts. I am sorry to say that they didn't have my size, how annoying is it that the size 4 is too big and the size 2 is too small. What is a girl to do? Baggy or tight? Even with the bermuda short disappointment the day wasn't a total bust, I did buy 2 pairs of Nine West sandals. Their sale made the purchase even sweeter, buy 1 pair and get the 2nd half price. 2 PAIRS FOR $70. WOW.
Purchases were foreseen but other experiences were not, we encountered many weird things.

  • Burberry sells scrunchies?! Huh? Yes there were way too many Burberry patterned scrunchies, shockingly with a price of $19 US. Who wears those silly things anymore? This may be a shallow assumption but the people that probably still wears scrunchies probably can't afford a $19 price tag
  • Ever heard of Dippin' Dots from McDonald's? It is like eating ice-cream cereal. Ice-cream is great just as it is, why change it? Our McDonald's experience didn't end there, along with paying 11cents for a hot mustard sauce, they also charged us a 66cents 'Eat-in Tax". Guilt free we left our mess on the table, we did pay to have someone clean up after us didn't we?
  • As we left McDonald's a women pulled up in a right-hand drive Subaru

I must remember for future journeys to bring my camera, you just never know when you need to capture something. I mean Burberry scrunchies? They definitely were screaming to be photographed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kris Lee said...

First have to admit that I have a problem. NEVER!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home