Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Your Favourite Place...

I was reading a blog this morning, she asked her readers to tell her about their favourite place. So off and running with my morning coffee in hand I tried to post the following but her site wouldn't accept anymore comments. So I thought why not do the same thing on my site, I may learn of new destinations...Write on.

My favourite place...has always been the family cabin in Point Roberts, Washington. With all the construction and change that my hometown and all the other surrounding cities have endured I find peace knowing that when I cross the border into Point Roberts everything is the same. Change is slow, almost non-exsistent in our little cabin community.

As I get closer to the shore and come down the hill into Maple Beach, the smell, the sounds comfort me and my soul. A cabin that has been in my family since my dad was a young boy, I spent many summers frolicking on the sandbars.

A smile sweeps across my face everytime I think of our cabin...I am so lucky to have a place that my family, future family and friends can gather and enjoy life and each other.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And every summer you can still find me frolicking on the sandbars, usually now with a cocktail in hand.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite place is where my family is....does that make sense?

2:45 PM  
Blogger Kris Lee said...

Of course, that also means your favourite place can be anywhere, anytime.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home