Friday, August 05, 2005

Eyepatch or Visor?

Back at the clinic again last night for a follow-up, the prescription that was prescribed for my eye last week didn't work, a more thorough exam this time revealed that I have an ulcer again.

I am so fed up with the eye situation I am contemplating wearing an eyepatch.

I have already endured one social function where I had to wear my glasses and now I will probably have to wear them to a wedding I am going to next weekend.
VAIN NOTE: My glasses don't go with the outfit I planned on wearing...I now have to rethink my wardrobe. UGH!

Don't get me wrong I love my new Gucci's eyeglasses, I just long for my contacts. Not being able to wear my contacts means I can't wear my sunglasses, so I have been developing squintting wrinkles due to the fact that is has been bright and sunny everyday for the last three weeks. I may just have to wear one of those silly face visors that shield you from the sun; now that would definately go with what I want to wear to the wedding.

PART II

The sarcastic humour in PART I was very short lived, now I am just pissed. My sensitivity to sunlight that I thought was eye drops related is actually a symptom of ulcers. I guess I will have to get used to being blind and wear my sunglasses, the sunlight is actually more pain in the ass than not being able to see.

Again another social function has felt the wrath of my left eye. I had to back out of a boat trip with Todd and his Dad. Sunlight reflecting of the ocean, just the thought of it hurts my head. Oh did I mention that headaches are also a symptom too.


P.S. If you see me on the street don't bother to wave because I won't be able to see who you are, or on the other hand, everyone wave at me because I will just assume I know you and wave back anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kris Lee said...

But wouldn't I look too geeky.
Don't know if there are clips for the Guccis.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very few people knew your Dad without glasses....they first rested on his little nose at age four. This is meant to make you feel better! And yes - he has those that clip on - but most recently slipped into retro wearing his perscription Vuarnets from the 70's...pulled from a top drawer because someone told him they are back in style! Lookin" good....Mom

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home