Monday, July 11, 2005

Pimping British Columbia

Saturday passed with me attending a training seminar with BC Tourism, all in part with being a "Waterfront Greeter" a name that us Greeters are against by the way. (Waterfront Hosts seems to be the favourite) It wasn't the most informative way for me to spend a sunny day off, but hey we got free Subway.

We watched a movie BC Tourism uses to promote itself to other parts of the world. The movie started with the quote "Follow the path of the land and you will thirst for nothing." The beginning of the movie was spectacular footage of BC's wilderness and the animals that call it home. Whenever I see our wilderness it always causes a lump in my throat to form, I am in awe of what we have and in the same breath feel sadness because only 12% of our land is protected and it's creatures are losing their places as population grows.

Our provincal government is so quick to say "Look what we have, don't you just love it and what to experience it?" But what I don't understand is why they are so quick to destroy what makes us as a province special?

OUR PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT IS PIMPING OUT OUR PROVINCE.

Did you know BC residents are British Columbia's best tourists?
27.5% of BC tourists are from BC

1 Comments:

Blogger Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

Good day girl
there is nothing like a coordinated pimping effort!
Good job.
Do you think you could "privately" contact me...through Matt?
I like to ask you (please,please?) some blog-tech questions) Alicia

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home