Monday, August 15, 2005

Write Something Profound Damit!

I am geek which means I have many geeky personality disorders. One of them is my need to always write something profound in every card I give with the hopes that the receiver will be so moved with my comment that they will keep the card forever and possibly cherish it.

So after much thought I was finally was able to write something in the wedding card for last Friday's wedding, unfortunately it was forgettable enough that I can't even remember it. How can someone write something profound about a subject they themselves haven't even experienced yet, but that it a different topic all together.

After the exhausting task of writing in the card you could only imagine the pressure I felt when I discovered that the newly married couple omitted the traditional guest registry and asked every guest to write something on a 4"x4" piece of fabric. A piece of fabric that would soon become part of a quilted blanket they would lay on their living room couch for all to read.

I found myself standing at the table staring a pile of fabric pieces asking myself out loud "What am I supposed to write?" Only to hear a quiet 4 year old voice "You can write whatever you want, just pick what colour square you want to write on".

Obviously her creative juices were flowing. Mine weren't.
"Waiter another glass of wine please."
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Baxter stayed with Marci, we picked him up on our way home from the wedding.

Even a cute smile cannot cover up a drunken hairdo or drunken bloodshot eyes.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Kris Lee said...

I was intrigued to know what she wrote on her piece, but fearing she would out do me I opted not to know.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home