Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Costco Conversation

Let me begin this post with "I don't care how much someone weighs, I am more concerned with how the weight affects their health".

We popped into Costco on Sunday for no reason other than to waste time we didn't have. After a disappointing browse, just finding pickled beans and granola bars I get in line behind a very overweight women, not just a few pounds overweight but more like 75-100. Anyway I am unsure of how our conversation started but this is how it went...

Woman: Funny how you stop in to pick up one item and you end up buying way more.

Me: I know, it seems everytime I pop in to buy a few items I have to go back to the entrance and trade in my carry-basket and get an actual cart. You realzize you need more than you thought.

Woman - I was in Safeway just yesterday to pick up a few things and I saw pumpkin pies on special; 2 for $5 so I bought 8.

Me(in my head): "8 PIES, what does one woman do with 8 PIES?" As a glance at her items I see a bulk container of whipping cream and I wonder if she will eat most of them herself?

Me(smiling): I love pumpkin pie. Have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy the pies.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marci's pumpkin pie was the best just like my mincemeat tarts....but no one ate one except me and Bob. What is with the newer generation? I was told is was the word "meat" when referring to a dessert....food for thought don't ya think!!!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home